What We Fund through Grantmaking
Our funding focuses on populations whose health needs are not being met due to income, 年龄, 比赛, 种族, geography or other barriers.
We evaluate grant applications that fit within or across our four 重点领域: 保持健康的身体, 培养健康心智, Strengthen Community Health 和 Champion Health Equity.
Each funding opportunity or program offers criteria about eligibility 和 applicant deadlines.
Typically, we consider grants for 项目, general operating support 和 能力建设. On occasion, we also consider requests for 资本 funding if the proposed efforts have a demonstrable link to our 重点领域. 在每种情况下, funding opportunity or program criteria guide specifically what will be funded 和 in general we define these areas as follows:
- 项目: specific sets of activities carried out over a defined period of time
- General operating support: support for an organization's day-to-day expenses to enable it to carry out its mission
- 能力建设: strengthening an organization by enhancing financing, 治理, planning 和 other business capabilities
- 资本: improving an organization's facilities or infrastructure
Generally, we make grants to the following types of organizations:
- Colorado organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3)
- Colorado public 年龄ncies, including 状态 和 local governments
New or emerging organizations without 501(c)(3) status are permitted to apply through a tax-exempt organization acting as fiscal sponsor. The fiscal sponsor must maintain full discretion 和 control over any awarded grant funds 和 should have the organizational capacity to man年龄 和 accept the risks involved with fiscal sponsorship. 另外, the 项目 must be aligned with the fiscal sponsor’s charitable mission, 和 the fiscal sponsor’s Board must approve of the 项目 as furthering the sponsor’s charitable mission prior to applying for a grant to the Colorado Health Foundation. 请 download the Foundation's fiscal sponsor policy 和 sample memor和um of underst和ing (MOU). If you have any questions about your organization's eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact us at 和 ask to speak with our grantmaking department.
注意: If a public support test requirement to retain public charity status applies to your organization, as a public charity grantee of the Colorado Health Foundation, it is essential that you ensure the grant your organization receives will not cause it to lose its status as a publicly supported charity.
What We Don't Fund through Grantmaking
We do not award grants to organizations that willfully discriminate against a particular class of individuals. To be eligible for funding organizations must abide by all applicable local, 状态, 和 federal anti-discrimination laws in hiring, employment practices 和 when providing services.
Generally, the Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- Programs that require membership in a certain religion or advance a particular religious faith (faith-based organizations may be eligible for funding if they welcome 和 serve all members of the community regardless of religious faith, 和 provided that they do not require participation in activities that are specifically religious)
- For-profit organizations or programs operated by, or for the benefit of, for-profit organizations
请 contact our Grantmaking Operations 部门在303.953.3600.